Any Traps - Compaq Presario 1200z

• Thread starter Crusty \(-: Old B@stard :-\)
  • Start date
C

Crusty \(-: Old B@stard :-\)

I have been given the task of installing Windows XP on a Compaq Presario
Laptop, model 1200z. I normally don't work on laptops but this is a favor
for my son's friend.

Are their any particular traps I should be aware of, other than a shortage
of memory (hey, they want it on there)?

Has anyone upgraded or done a new install on said machine? Care to share
your experience!

--
Regards

Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

A

alanrc54

Just one trap--HP does not put all the drivers in their download site, just the ones that have changed. So if you don't have the software CD that came with the laptop, you could get burned doing a clean install. (HP bought Compaq) But I guess a crusty old "B" like you has already thought of that! :)

Alan

C

Crusty \(-: Old B@stard :-\)

Well, I got lucky. Everything works! (-:

Didn't have to hunt for a single driver!

I never expected that. I think the only item I may have to find is the Speed Step application for AMD. Don't really know if it's actually needed or not though.

--
Regards

Just one trap--HP does not put all the drivers in their download site, just the ones that have changed. So if you don't have the software CD that came with the laptop, you could get burned doing a clean install. (HP bought Compaq) But I guess a crusty old "B" like you has already thought of that! :)

Alan

S

Star Fleet Admiral Q

Whoo Hoo!!!! You got lucky on that one "Crusty" - good show :)
Well, I got lucky. Everything works! (-:

Didn't have to hunt for a single driver!

I never expected that. I think the only item I may have to find is the Speed Step application for AMD. Don't really know if it's actually needed or not though.

--
Regards

Alan

Ask a Question