Any gardeners here?

Reaction score
This made me chuckle! :lol: So any tips for growing chilli plants (apart from not spraying them with washing up liquid)? I've got some Kaffir lime plants and a Pandan plant which are doing well, so it would be nice if I could add to my edible collection.

Here's my chilli plant top tips!:

1. Don't spray them with strange chemicals
2. Water them every day as they are thirsty plants
3. Keep them in a sunny place, as the sun ripens the fruit
4. Hope for the best
5. Again, don't spray them with strange chemicals

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
That looks like a truly idyllic spot Mr Barbarian. :nod:

As the adage goes "Looks can be deceiving" :lol:

Thanks Becky. Your pond looks grand, I'd like a pond. An the rose is very pretty.I only try to grow roses that smell cos if I am to rip myself to shred I at least want some reward. :D
Red splashes were red roses.

Here are some day lilies growing under the oak tree. Red splashes this time are crocosimia Lucifers(4to5foot high).I can send you some bulbs in the autumn if you like.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
This plant should be 5 to 6 foot tall but it got battered by the storms and is growing slightly twisted and deformed.This is a new part of the garden I extended last back end so is not fully populated with plants yet. I try to grow perinials due to me knackered legs.
The badly eaten stalks between the holly and the plant are Solomons Seal and they have finished flowering and are very roughly tied back(you can have some of them if you like).
Notice the excellent tree surgery :lol:
The last picture is taken from the hill looking down on chez barbarians.Can you spot the kitten ??

:cool:

Reaction score
So I just decided to have my little herb garden at our balcony. This is low maintenance compared to the usual set up. It is such an enjoyable activity and I got to use it for home cooking and as a gift to friends. I have grown basil, dill, tarragon, parsley, cilantro and oregano.

Ask a Question