Any DJ's out there?

Reaction score
Hey,

Was at a party on Friday night and one of the guys has DJ decks and i was having a go and really liked it. Any of your peeps do any DJing or know much about it? I'd like to get myself a set of decks, mixer, etc etc and wondered if anyone knew what i needed to start off with?

Dont need anything too extravagant or whatever, just looking at seeing if i enjoy it etc.

Thanks again.

B

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Done my first real Gig, Hampstead Country Club, in 1971 :blush:

Retired in 2001, but dragged out of retirement to do my twin daughter's 18th last September. At Glastonbury Rugby Club. And I recently played music at an art exhibition opening night in Greenwich.

I have two turntables and two CD decks and a mixer in a five foot coffin.

Two RCF powered speakers on tripods, 1 x 15" & horn, 400 watts each Link. They sound great, clear, loud, bass is good.

Tow light colums and two projector/effects lighting thingies/

I'd say I was using the bare minimum, I used to mostly play heavy rocvk and went out with a 3K rig with Graphic EQ and active 3-way crossover.

Sometimes, in my heyday, I was working six evenings a week.

It was fun, met one or two young ladies along the way as well ;)

It's something you either have a flair for, or you don't.

I did, I was booked solid for 30 + years :)

Good luck.

PS: For the ultimate compact system, get two 80Gb I-Pods, each with identical track listings, and use their mixer base. Used with the speakers I linked to, you can get all the kit on a car's back seat, just about.

Reaction score
Cheers Flopps, sounds like you had a successful career there! :)

Im not looking to do gigs etc, im just looking to do it for fun. So need to know what the bare minimum is to just mix records etc? Just two decks, a mixer, headphones and some speakers?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Take a look around that site I linked to, they're in Essex but you'll get an idea.

For budget equipment, look To Numark CD decks & Mixer. Then you'll need an amp and two speakers, or two powered speakers.

Then headphones, a Mic, a box for the leads, CD storage boxes..... it goes on :D

Ask a Question