Antvir main program updated

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
For those of you using Antvir AV on a Windows platform, the next time you update the main program will be replaced.

After definitions have loaded you will be prompted to do a new install.

Don't forget to disable the Antivir Control Program (right click on task bar icon and select) when you do the fresh install, then reactivate afterwards.

The total updates sequence is lengthier than usual and Antivir will carry out a complete system scan after installing new main program.

Just so's you all know :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Ta, I've got this on my laptop so will update it :)

daveydoom

Trusted Advisor
Reaction score
Does AntiVir have the ability to scan email yet? I was sure it didn't have that ability last time I tried it.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
daveydoom said:
Does AntiVir have the ability to scan email yet? I was sure it didn't have that ability last time I tried it.

Not automatically, no.

The only other AV programs I'd consider are Avast, also a freebie, or Kaspersky, which costs money.

Does Avast have an e-mail scanning facility?

I don't know cos I've never used it ;)

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Not automatically, no.

The only other AV programs I'd consider are Avast, also a freebie, or Kaspersky, which costs money.

Does Avast have an e-mail scanning facility?

I don't know cos I've never used it ;)

It sure has and a good one:thumb:

daveydoom

Trusted Advisor
Reaction score
I actually use AVG free and am quite happy with it. I was just curious if AntiVir had the ability to scan email yet. I've also used avast!, very nice program also.

Reaction score
Ant-vir did a reinstall on me after updating.
Go though check configuration and setup the way ya like it cause everything went to default.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Considering to replace Norton with another AV on my laptop as Norton is just too bloody slow and it take up too many resources. The only problem is I need and AV program which has email scanner also, which means AntiVir is not the option, Avast perhaps? Before I update anyone want to share some info or tips?

Reaction score
Wow I'm an Anti-Vir user and never even thought about the email thing..... I have a yahoo account which i think scans all my emails before they hit the inbox. Also... Scans every attatchment before download...its powered by Norton ... so I guess its better than nothing.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
I was referring to Outlook Express and Thunderbird not webmail

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Quadophile said:
Considering to replace Norton with another AV on my laptop as Norton is just too bloody slow and it take up too many resources. The only problem is I need and AV program which has email scanner also, which means AntiVir is not the option, Avast perhaps? Before I update anyone want to share some info or tips?
Please, don't jump on somebody else's thread ... start you own post so we can all better help you. :p

Oh, and the answer you were looking for is KAV. ;)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
That Mucks is a little feisty today ain't he? :p

Quad, if you're that concerned about e-mail scanning in an AV proggie, uninstall Nortons (good luck ;) ) and use Avast (a freebie).

Or pay money for Kaspersky. The choice is yours.

I use Antivir, which doesn't automatically scan e-mail. But I've just realised my ISP (Zen) scans all e-mail for viruses, so I'm content.

Ask a Question