Anti-Virus multi-scanner

Max Wachtel

I found this useful tool called HandyScan. You can use it to scan
files using multiple scanners. You need to have the scanners already
on your system. For example I have(all free)BitDefender,Avast,AntiVir
AVG,Sysclean(from TrendMicro),A^2,Bazooka all set using HandyScan.
http://www.handybits.com/
-max
P.S. I am using Xnews for the first time-seems to work well
http://xnews.newsguy.com/
Long Live Freeware!!!!
My Tools Page(a list of useful tools I have found-all are free)
http://home.neo.rr.com/manna4u/tools.html

buzz Light Beer

I found this useful tool called HandyScan. You can use it to scan
files using multiple scanners. You need to have the scanners already
on your system. For example I have(all free)BitDefender,Avast,AntiVir
AVG,Sysclean(from TrendMicro),A^2,Bazooka all set using HandyScan.
http://www.handybits.com/
-max
P.S. I am using Xnews for the first time-seems to work well
http://xnews.newsguy.com/
Long Live Freeware!!!!
My Tools Page(a list of useful tools I have found-all are free)
http://home.neo.rr.com/manna4u/tools.html

Thanks

I just installed A² to compliment Kaspersky AV. How do you like it ?
I didn't like the surprise of having to give my e-mail addy and
register<at no cost, of course> before I could use it...After
installing it. Seems they could let you know that up front and collect
the info before downloading and installing it.
I prob just missed some fine print somewhere ?
Had I not read some good reviews in a forum, I would have un-installed
it right then....hope I don't start getting a lot of spam....
Have you ever had Bazooka find anything ? I've had it installed for a
good while..never found anything ?
You might want to add Winsonar to your arsenal ?
Free..check it out at http://www.majorgeeks.com/download1075.html

/bLB

Susan Bugher

Aaron said:
4ax.com:

I seem to recall it being possible spyware. Search google groups at
alt.comp.freeware with

Handybits virus Scan spyware

dunno if it's spyware but probably undesirable if they haven't changed their ways. . . a different
app by the same people:

Program: HandyBits
Author: Teknum Systems AS.
W: NR
http://www.handybits.com/hbc2002.htm

a few snippets from ACF posts about it:

Just a word of warning ...handybits installation leaves teknum system entries and .dll files in
windows system that do not automatically uninstall.
---------
http://www.handybits.com/update_service.asp
If you believe them, the "update service" CAN be suspended, using their own tool.

The snide way in which it is otherwise established and maintained - using a parasitic hook on the
rightclick menu - SSMENU.DLL in Windows\System does not inspire confidenc, though!
----------
I would beware of any handybits software , as my experience of it in the
past ,suggests it installs a parasitic upddater aka teknum systems.It
installs in system folders and is very hard to remove.See handybits
privacy...

http://www.handybits.com/privacy.htm
------------

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware
http://groups.google.no/groups?q=+group:alt.comp.freeware&hl=en

Max Wachtel

Just a word of warning ...handybits installation leaves teknum
system entries and .dll files in windows system that do not
automatically uninstall.
Susan

I did not know that, I will get rid of it and run some cleaning tools.
Thanks for the info.
-max

Joined
Dec 10, 2010
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
if you are looking to integrate multiple AVs into a proprietary solution (e.g. file upload server mechanism, virus total-like solution), you may want to check Metascan.