Another one bites the dust ...

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Grisoft, one of the leading providers of anti-virus security software, announced today that Enterprise Investors (EI), the largest private equity firm in Central and Eastern Europe, and Intel Capital, Intel Corporation's venture investment fund, have made a substantial investment in the company.
The $52 million investment in Grisoft by Enterprise Investors and Intel Capital will result in a new ownership structure of the company, with a majority stake being acquired from current owners Benson Oak Capital. As a result of this strategic transaction, the two new investors will own a 65% stake in Grisoft.
Wonder what Intel want ???

OH, now I see ...

GRISOFT, the maker of award-winning AVG Anti-Virus, today announced the acquisition of Ewido Networks, a leading provider of innovative anti-malware solutions. This acquisition expands GRISOFT's AVG antivirus and firewall offerings to include comprehensive malware protection, and provide its customers with the highest level of security against growing types of malicious software spreading across the Internet.

http://www.grisoft.com/doc/29396/lng/us/tpl/tpl01

Crap ...
wallbash.gif

Merger with Grisoft
ewido is now part of the Grisoft family. For our customers and partners nothing will change. The ewido team can now take advantage of the huge resources regarding threat research and support available from a world leading AV company.
... Hmmm, like I believe you.

:(

Anyone for BETA 4 ... :D

http://www.ewido.net/en/

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
I gave up AVG long time ago in favour of Avast and have not looked back ;)

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
I'm not too fussed about AVG either, but I'm worried about Ewido - its a great anti-malware tool :thumb:

Ask a Question