Annoying Popup

Reaction score
Every few seconds on my Windows 7, i am getting a Popup saying Autoit v3 script has stopped working. I hadn't downloaded it but when i look in task manager when the popup appears its there under different names ixpm.exe and
mzvgfzd.exe. Both the folders are empty. I tried downloading Autoit from the site but i still get the popups I have run Malwarebytes and did a system restore but still get them. Any help to get rid of it please

Reaction score
A though as I have never used it;

Try checking your Administrative tools/Startup Services to see if it is trying to Autorun

If it is the right click on it and go to its properties to stop it

You may also need to go in to regedit and remove all entries associated with it.

If you have Ccleaner installed its easier. Goto

Tools/startup

Highlight and disable

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Ive had a look at Administrative tools/Startup Services and cant see any reference to it. Ive also already looked in Regedit for Autoit, ixpm.exe and mzvgfzd.exe. None are listed. I do have Ccleaner and i only have my Gmail account, and Microsoft Gadget Sidebar listed in Startup

Reaction score
yes. The restore went back quite a few days. I have no more restore points.

Reaction score
Hi Muckshifter. Thanks for joining in. I ran Bitdefender, Trend micro Housecall and Eset Online scanners. Eset found several infections, two of them were
A variant of win 32/injector Autoit coc Trojan
It cleaned them but the popups came back. I did the scan again and it showed nothing. I find the only way to stop them annoying me is to minimimise them. They appear one after other. If i close them they return almost immediately, but by minimising them they only come the once until i close them I dont have to have a browser open for them to popup. Here's one of them. The other Scanners showed nothing

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 195

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
The 'worm', (autoit v3) is a little bugger needing manual intervention ... it will also infect USB sticks & other drives.

To completely purge AutoIT from your computer, you need to delete the files, folders, Windows registry keys and registry values associated with AutoIT.

http://www.antivirusworld.com/articles/virus/autoit.php

Worms differ from a virus, hence some AV programs will not detect them.

good luck!

hi.gif

Reaction score
Ive done all that now muckshifter and it found none of the registry keys or items on the command line. I tried to reinstall using my Windows 7 disc, but it fails to boot from the Dvd drive. Its set as the first boot order. It looks like its affected the drive

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
no, I can't see any "virus" affecting a DVD drive, especially from boot up, it can't load until Windows does.

DVD drives are notorious for 'failing' just when you need them, they Kind of go in strike like airport workers just at the wrong time. :rolleyes:

can your system use the F11 boot up sequence (keep tapping the key at startup) to allow you to use any boot device ?

:user:

Ask a Question