annoying echo!!

Reaction score
ok me again lol :p

I'm on my sisters computer listening to a few songs and when any sound happens ... be it music, msn etc etc there is an echo ... i'm not sure how to get rid of it and whether it is the speakers or not :s

do cheapy speakers give off an echo because these arnt exactly a decent set ... no subwoofer ... just this echo is annoying!

any ideas of how to get rid of the thing!

thanks G~MAN

Reaction score
what spec pc?
have you the drivers for MOBO and or sound card?
Cheap speakers I use them no problem.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Check to see if there are any effects enabled on one of the sound icons in the system tray - I've seen a few soundcards come with some software that sits there and allows you to add effects.

Have you restarted the PC, just incase its a strange effect left over from something? Also, make sure the Mic is mutted in the Volumn manager.

Reaction score
well the system is brand new... i think it is a barebone system using ac 97 ... il try your sugestion as soon as i can go on it !! lol ...

Reaction score
and itsme i have all the drivers on the cd that came with the mobo :)

Reaction score
and none of the above works :( :( ....

il try my own speakers in a bit ... i havnt tried instaling the drivers again ... do you think that is worth a shot ??

Reaction score
well iv tried itunes and windows media player ... both do it ... also on msn it echos when i get a message ...

i just dont know whats up ! .. im gonna try my speakers on the system as soon as i get the chance ... it will have to be next week though because im going away for a week :D

Reaction score
ok iv sorted the problem ...

what happened was behind the windows sound manager there was another sound configuration thingy ...

ofcourse instead of being set to normal it was set to concert hall .... lol ... came across it as a fluke because i didnt know it had been installed! :D

Reaction score
I have the same problem, except it's whenever I enter a game. No matter the game, the Sound Effects Manager changes to an effect, and 95% of them have echos. The three major ones I've noticed this on so far are Knights of the Old Republic II, Gansters II, and Freedom Fighters. The other games probably DO have a problem, it's just not that noticable. So, any clue on how so it will not force the effect onto that program? I mean, sure, I like 3D effects, but when it even affects the clicking sounds, it's freakin' annoying. So, any help?

And for the record, I use Avance AC'97.

Reaction score
well for me ... it was a hidded sound program somewhere ... of no luck i dont really know what to do ... sorry :)

Ask a Question