annoyed with non-geeks??

Reaction score
I love my family and friends, and over the years I have built many machines for them and advised and helped where possible to calm their IT woes and worries. BUT...they are just not geeks, so they often don't appreciate the finer points about the cooling potential of the fully aluminium chassis or the point of having a slightly more expensive video card; and once the machine is up and running and as long as they can access Facebook, YouTube, Amazon and their bank account, no longer care...until the machine breaks.

When I offer them the sublime surplus kit that I have available at a very reasonable price when looking to upgrade, they don't therefore appreciate the enormous discount on price (and believe me it is enormous!) so I end up resenting their attitude. Now, I often feel like just giving stuff away to those who really appreciate the quality of the gear.

Am I wrong top feel this way? Should i just give my surplus (though exceptional) kit to those who don't appreciate it? :cry:

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
Consulting religious materials gives us this:
Code:
Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither castye your pearls before swine, lest they trample themunder their feet, and turn again and rend you.
Then again...

Code:
<1>: ['family', 'friends'] ≠ ['dogs', 'swine']
After a careful analysis, we can do better:
<2>: ['family', 'friends'] ≈ ['dogs', 'swine']
<2> ⇒ <3>: Almost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.
whylinux.jpg

:fool:

Reaction score
Or advertise via this Forum There will be many a member who would appreciate and value your items:D. I have also have built PC's for friends and relatives and had the same problem and they keep coming back with their problems like they have a slow running pc which has viruses all they cannot be bothered to keep their anti virus software up to date but expect me to sort it out.:(

Reaction score
be honest with them. then advise them of the cost if they took it too a shop

if they complain leave them be. if they don't want to pay the sometimes 'hundreds' to rectify the problem they will come crawling back eating their humble pie

Ask a Question