An easy one? Print Explorer folders graphically

Jake

Hi,

I need to print a complete directory structure as it is displayed in
Windows Explorer's Folder View with yellow graphical folder glyphs.

A utility which converts folder structure to PDF would also be ok.

I have searched the net, but most such utilities outputs text files or
spreadsheet data. I just want the folder names (and possibly their
size) as a graphic tree.

Thanks for tips on utilities which can do this

regards

jake

Maurice

Jake said:
Hi,

I need to print a complete directory structure as it is displayed in
Windows Explorer's Folder View with yellow graphical folder glyphs.

A utility which converts folder structure to PDF would also be ok.

I have searched the net, but most such utilities outputs text files or
spreadsheet data. I just want the folder names (and possibly their size)
as a graphic tree.

Thanks for tips on utilities which can do this

regards

jake

you can capture the area you want in windows explorer with a cpature
software like the one in http://www.faststone.org/ or Corel Capture, the
paste the clipboard in Word, then print word to pdf printer like
www.primopdf.com (free)

Maurice

Jake

Maurice skrev:
you can capture the area you want in windows explorer with a cpature
software like the one in http://www.faststone.org/ or Corel Capture, the
paste the clipboard in Word, then print word to pdf printer like
www.primopdf.com (free)

Hi,
Thanks for the suggestion but that would be several pages of folders and
I don't have time to glue everything together.

I thought there were software out there which traverse a directory tree
and build such graphical folder structures?

rgds jake

Joe Duchtel

Maurice skrev:

Hi,
Thanks for the suggestion but that would be several pages of folders and
I don't have time to glue everything together.

I thought there were software out there which traverse a directory tree
and build such graphical folder structures?

rgds jake

Hello -

Have you tried the tree command in a command prompt? I know it is
just ASCII but it might do the job ...

Joe

Jake

Joe Duchtel skrev:
Hello -

Have you tried the tree command in a command prompt? I know it is
just ASCII but it might do the job ...

Joe

Yes, quite a bit of formatting is required to get the desired aligned
output.

Joe Duchtel

Joe Duchtel skrev:

Yes, quite a bit of formatting is required to get the desired aligned
output.

Really? You just need to use a non-proportial font such as Courier
New to get it aligned correctly.

Joe

Joe Duchtel

How about a screen capture?

ju.c

I think his problem is that this would be too large to display in one
piece on the screen. So he would have to "glue" the pieces together.

Joe

John Inzer

Jake said:
Hi,

I need to print a complete directory structure as it is displayed in
Windows Explorer's Folder View with yellow graphical folder glyphs.

A utility which converts folder structure to PDF would also be ok.

I have searched the net, but most such utilities outputs text files or
spreadsheet data. I just want the folder names (and possibly their
size) as a graphic tree.

Thanks for tips on utilities which can do this

regards

jake
==================================
The following freebie might be worth a look:

Karen's Directory Printer
http://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptdirprn.asp

--

J. Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

Touch Base

Hi,

I need to print a complete directory structure as it is displayed in
Windows Explorer's Folder View with yellow graphical folder glyphs.

A utility which converts folder structure to PDF would also be ok.

I have searched the net, but most such utilities outputs text files or
spreadsheet data. I just want the folder names (and possibly their
size) as a graphic tree.

Thanks for tips on utilities which can do this

regards

jake

Open a command prompt (start/run cmd), go to the folder of choice.

Run "dir> file.txt". This will create a text file of the contents of the
folder that you can open in notepad for printing or saving.

If you wish to add the contents of the subdirectories, run "dir
<drive><folder> /s> file.txt".

You may find this useful:

HOW TO: Add "Print Directory" Feature for Folders in Windows XP [Q321379]
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=321379

If you head to google.com and search on "free directory printer", you will
also find many other useful tools.

Touch Base
Report back on the results, good or bad so others may benefit

"There's an old story about the person who wished his computer were as easy
to use as his telephone. That wish has come true, since I no longer know
how to use my telephone." (Bjarne Stroustrup, computer scientist and creator
of the C++ programming language.)

Gord Dibben

Touch

Did you miss this part?
I have searched the net, but most such utilities outputs text files or
spreadsheet data. I just want the folder names (and possibly their
size) as a graphic tree.

Gord

[...]

oops!!

Donald Lessau

Jake said:
Maurice skrev:

Hi,
Thanks for the suggestion but that would be several pages of folders and I
don't have time to glue everything together.

FastStone Capture can capture a scrolling window and produce a very long
(high) screenshot in one go. Never failed on me.

Don