Bargain Amiga 1200 give away

Reaction score
Not for sale so it's in here

I have an Amiga 1200 for a good home if anyone is interested?

It has and accelerator with extra ram not too sure abotu any games though think they may have gone a while ago.

Anyway if anyone is interested let me know and for postage ONLY they can have it :D

Its as is and maybe a little dirty but im sure it works. Will check if anyone is interested

Reaction score
i had the amiga 500 years ago and sold it for about 70 with a few games.

Did,nt like the RF adapter far too big but it did work on a normal tv.

Not like the Amstrad CPC 464 what would not work on a normal set.

Reaction score
TD I would love to take that from you, that is music to my ears.

Could you post some pictures of it please?

Do you have a joystick and all cables?
Also on a side note do you know how big the Amiga 1200 is in comparison to the Amiga 500?

I will try check back on this site by this time tomorrow.

Reaction score
It has cable but no joysticks although I will look to see if i can find one. Had a sort out other month may have thrown them away.

Will post a pic later. The PSU has been altered slightly by me by adding an extended length of cable and a Neon light ontop of it

Will dig it all out tonight make sure its working

Or at least power up. Its not been used for about 7 years. Any probs i will let you know but if you want it regardless you can have it for postage or pickup ;)

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
This is a brilliant thread ..its like Dr (TD) Frankenstein trying to bring his monster to life to wreak havoc amongst the technologically ones amongst us..go on TD let it rip..240v with a controller ..and we have life....

bowdown.gif
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif
bowdown.gif
laughingsmiley.gif
bowdown.gif
laughingsmiley.gif
:p

Last edited:
Reaction score
PMSL

Well i once stripped it down and fitted it into a full size 6bay Tower case once

Took me ages to do. Had to design power adaptors for it to run off the PSU in the case and everything. It was great fun.

Reaction score
TriplexDread said:
It has cable but no joysticks although I will look to see if i can find one. Had a sort out other month may have thrown them away.

Will post a pic later. The PSU has been altered slightly by me by adding an extended length of cable and a Neon light ontop of it

Will dig it all out tonight make sure its working

Or at least power up. Its not been used for about 7 years. Any probs i will let you know but if you want it regardless you can have it for postage or pickup ;)

Thanks, that sounds splendid, I look forward to seeing the pictures of this.

I think postage will be more realistic. How much do you think it will cost?
I don't fancy driving 420 miles. :)

Reaction score
Poo

I dont think you gonna want it mate

No internal floppy I think it bust although it maybe possible to fit another one? And the Accelerator dont work anymore :(

Upto you mate

Reaction score
TriplexDread said:
Poo

I dont think you gonna want it mate

No internal floppy I think it bust although it maybe possible to fit another one? And the Accelerator dont work anymore :(

Upto you mate

The floppy drive would be difficult to replace. It's an old type of one.

When you say accelerator do you mean the modulatar that goes between the tv cable and Amiga?

I have an Amiga 500 here which is damaged. The problem is the serial port is missing a pin, which causes the joystick to move into one direction. I can't play any games with it like this.

Do you have any pictures of your 1200? Please post them if you don't mind.

Reaction score
Sorry mate been up me bum over weekend. Not nice!:blush:

Erm Floppy Drive I will look for it not sure where it is though. I did have externals may have thrown them away aswell :wall:

Maybe a search on Google for an 880k drive, although i'm sure the modern ones are backward compatable arent they? It does hav an external drive port but a resistor shorted years ago on the case and need replacing :(

The accelrator goes into the expansion port underneath the keyboard mate. It has 32meg installed LOL Tht was very expensive at the time as well you could imagine. It need a good clean but does power up and asks for a floppy disk to be inserted Hmmm ;) :wall:

I'll try get some pics of it up later on today if I manage toget me head together. Sorry mate

Reaction score
No rush mate.

:)

I am not so sure about the Floppy drive. Please check to see if it works or not. Replacing that would be a swine.
Unless I looked on ebay. Would a game run fine off of an external Amiga 1200 floppy?

32 MB on an Amiga? That is very impressive.

Reaction score
It would run yes but as I said there is a resistor that need replacing under board that provides power to Parallel port for connection,

Managed to download schematics for it so shouldnt be too much of a problem if you wanna go down that root?

Forgot to mention Im still looking for the 2.5inch drive bay aswel. l saw it the other week but sods law cant find it now :(

Yeah 32mb was a lot then bit dont think accelerator is working anyway :(

Reaction score
I don't mind the accelerator not working but I am bothered about the floppy.

I woulnd't need the parallel port. I think the joystick I got here is serial.

No rush pal

Reaction score
No mate the port is used for the external drive 25pin Sub-D ports.

Drive, Printer and serial

Leave it with me mate. I'll see what I can do. Dont want to fling it really would rather give it away to someone if you know what I mean

Reaction score
Cheers TD. I agree it'd be a shame to bin something like that. It could have a better home than the bin down south here. :)

Reaction score
Sorry mate I've already promised it to PSD

Still need to get it sorted anyway. Sorry PSD I will get to it asap soon as head is sorted dont worry :)

Reaction score
Mate im sorry I cant find the internal floppy drive anywhere for the damn machine. Still looking for the hard drive caddy aswell :(

Ask a Question