Amd Xp Cpu

ACE

Reaction score
Mad as Hell!

Floppy,

I just can't figure it out. Before i even got a chance to install
the program my computer wont even start. I am about to give up and buy one from DELL. Just kidding! I will figure this thing out sooner or later. Hey thanks for all your help and when i get up and runnin i'll drop you a line.

ACE8)

kristel

Blonde - But salvageable
Reaction score
My main computer has a 350W PSU and it just about manages an Athlon 800, ti4400, SonicFuryXG, ONE hdd and a CD and DVD. If I put in the hardware dvd decoder it starts to turn the graphics card off periodically which was frightening seven shades out of me when I was half way through an essay :)

So the moral is - you'll need a bigger one than me!!

wildone

King of Modding
Reaction score
Hey,sorry but I didnt get the email that anyone had replied,I can help you probably,but,if your useing windows 98 it cant be a registration problem because activation wasnt around till XP.You could have a bad motherboard or win 98 is misreading somthing like the USB controller ,some new boards ,mine included has USB 2.1,go into your bios and disable everything thats not need to get into windows,includeing sound and USB,even disable DMA since 98 dont support UDMA 5 anyway without drivers,also back off all your memory settings,set them to the highest timeings available,and check your temps in the bios.

wildone

Reaction score
Rig

Originally posted by kristel
My main computer has a 350W PSU and it just about manages an Athlon 800, ti4400, SonicFuryXG, ONE hdd and a CD and DVD. If I put in the hardware dvd decoder it starts to turn the graphics card off periodically which was frightening seven shades out of me when I was half way through an essay :)

So the moral is - you'll need a bigger one than me!!

I'll tell you wot I have running in my system on A standard 300watter hey!

GA7DX M/B, Athlon XP 1600, 256meg Crucial DDR, SB Audigy, Pinnacle PCTV Pro, Adaptec SCSI Card (Model not sure), Winfast GF4 Ti4200, Seagate 40gig 5400, IBM 60gig 7200, Plextor Ultramax 40, HP RW 9200i, Creative DVD 12x, Philips RW4800.

And eveything is flawless, not one problem at all ever!!
Altho I do wish to upgrade to a 350 - 380 to b on the safe side in the near future.

Trip

Ask a Question