AMD announces third generation Ryzen CPUs

News AMD announces third generation Ryzen CPUs

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Becky submitted a new resource:

AMD announces third generation Ryzen CPUs - The new processors appear to offer great bang for your buck, and will be available in July

This week Lisa Su, President and CEO of AMD, delivered the opening keynote at Computex 2019, where she revealed that the company will be launching five new processors in July.

The processors are part of the third generation of the Ryzen desktop processor family, and will range in price from $199 for the 6-core/12-thread Ryzen 5 3600 to $499 for the 12-core/24-thread Ryzen 9 3900X. All five of the CPUs will be available on 7th July 2019, and you can check out the full specifications...

Read more about this resource...

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
All being well, I'm going to go for one of these in the summer - time to upgrade my ageing 3750k :)

The 3700X looks like it'll be a good one to go for.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this info, I was on the cusp of buying components to upgrade my 8 year old i7 machine I use in my bedroom.

I had in mind the following:

MSI X470 PRO Gaming motherboard
16Gb DDR4 3000 RAM
Ryzen 5 2600 6 Core CPU with the AMD stock cooler @ 3.6Ghz
2 x Intel NVME M.2 250Gb SSDs in a RAID 0 Config.

Which would have cost £436 inc next day postage (CCL gave the best deal).

But I think it's worth hanging on five or six weeks for the new 3rd Generation AMD CPU and the new X570 chipset which recognises PCIe 4.0

Ask a Question