Allow user to change the state of ("click" in) check-boxes on protected worksheets?

Chuck Zissman

I know how to allow / deny users to change cell contents on a protected
worksheet ("Allow all users of this worksheet to select unlocked cells"),
but unlocking check-boxes (on the Format Control / Protection tab) still
prevents users from changing the state of a check-box if the sheet is
protected, even if "Allow all users of this worksheet to select unlocked
cells" is selected.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Chuck