All in one printer with networking

b13171

I use a printer for printing photos and craft work, and my husband for
office work. We are looking for a good all in one with the newer 4
color ink. I had chosed a Canon Pixma 530 which my husband said would
be just fine but was hoping to find one that is network printer.
(wireless--not RJ45, etc). Does anyone have a good recommendation.
Thanks Liz

DanG

I use a printer for printing photos and craft work, and my husband for
office work. We are looking for a good all in one with the newer 4
color ink. I had chosed a Canon Pixma 530 which my husband said would
be just fine but was hoping to find one that is network printer.
(wireless--not RJ45, etc). Does anyone have a good recommendation.
Thanks Liz

There's a few that offer a network connection, but only printing (no
scanning) over the network is common. If you want full network capabilities,
you may need a office-class laser multifunction.

That said, it's still possible to use a printer from a networked PC without
the printer being networked itself.

Don Phillipson

I use a printer for printing photos and craft work, and my husband for
office work. We are looking for a good all in one with the newer 4
color ink. I had chosed a Canon Pixma 530 which my husband said would
be just fine but was hoping to find one that is network printer.
(wireless--not RJ45, etc). Does anyone have a good recommendation.

Almost any printer attached to any PC on a wireless
network can be configured as a network printer.

measekite

I use a printer for printing photos and craft work, and my husband for
office work. We are looking for a good all in one with the newer 4
color ink. I had chosed a Canon Pixma 530 which my husband said would
be just fine but was hoping to find one that is network printer.
(wireless--not RJ45, etc). Does anyone have a good recommendation.
Thanks Liz
Look at the 800 series with an ADF Automatic Document Feeder. Wireless
is too slow. Find an old computer and connect the Canon to that and
share it.

measekite

Michael Grey wrote:

If you have a wireless router you can hook up the RJ45 to that and still be "wireless". If so look at the MX700 from Canon.

For sloooooow printing.  Now that is grey market

I use a printer for printing photos and craft work, and my husband for office work. We are looking for a good all in one with the newer 4 color ink. I had chosed a Canon Pixma 530 which my husband said would be just fine but was hoping to find one that is network printer. (wireless--not RJ45, etc). Does anyone have a good recommendation. Thanks Liz

Bennett Price

Consider a wireless print server - a small box that plugs into the
printer and communicates over the air with your wireless router.
For example: http://tinyurl.com/yqnrhv

Check mfrs. specs for compatibility

measekite

Wireless is not recommended for photos.  It is much too slow.

Bennett Price wrote: Consider a wireless print server - a small box that plugs into the printer and communicates over the air with your wireless router.

[email protected] wrote:
I use a printer for printing photos and craft work, and my husband for
office work. We are looking for a good all in one with the newer 4
color ink. I had chosed a Canon Pixma 530 which my husband said would
be just fine but was hoping to find one that is network printer.
(wireless--not RJ45, etc).  Does anyone have a good recommendation.
Thanks  Liz

Michael Grey