Album Art

G

I just started organizing all my music after upgrading, I am using Xp Media Center Edition. When I started going thru the library a good portion of it already had the album art associated with it . I tried to drag and drop the album cover over a couple songs that were off and unknown album with a picture of one of there differant album covers. It prompted me telling me it would change all to that album cover. Thought "all" meaning everything in the folder I dropped it into.

Not the case. It changed everything in the library to that album cover. Now if I try to change album art. If I change just one cover any cover it changes all 500 tracks to that cover. I have somehow linked or file associated all these together.

I have not tried adding more to the library yet , will do that know, to see if new files are affected. Any of u bright people out there have any idea?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Neil

G

After a bit more searching it appears that My Music file is defaulting to whatever picture I pick for any sub-folder. All the other files in my documents wheen u look at properties you can customize folder. ie choose picture for it . This option is now gone for this folder. I tried making a new folder and moving everything and then fixing My Music folder . It says it is system folder and cannot be modified. I took Read-only setting off and same thing.

I also tried to do a system restore back to previous date with no luck...

G

Galley

After a bit more searching it appears that My Music file is defaulting to whatever picture I pick for any sub-folder. All the other files in my documents wheen u look at properties you can customize folder. ie choose picture for it . This option is now gone for this folder. I tried making a new folder and moving everything and then fixing My Music folder . It says it is system folder and cannot be modified. I took Read-only setting off and same thing.

I also tried to do a system restore back to previous date with no luck...
The best way to organize your music is Artist\Album\01 - Track name.mp3 The
"folder.jpg" should be located inside the Album folder. There can be no more
than one Folder.jpg in each folder. If all of your files are properly tagged
with artist and album fields, then you can use RealPlayer 10 to automatically
sort them by artist and album and create all the necessary folders for you.
It's very handy, but remember that it CANNOT be undone.
Tools/Preferences/My Library/Advanced My Library - Apply to existing media. You
will see a preview of what the file structure will look like.

Ask a Question