Afghanistan - A Soldier's Story

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Here's a link to what happened to Jack, a British soldier who served in Afghanistan.

From bravery to the courthouse

I found it interesting, particularly the 4 short video clips.

I don't know what to think, really, I guess a person could take a number of views, I'll just say that I think it's about time all our troops serving in the Middle East returned home.

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Fair enough, it happens to alot of Soldiers, i actually served with the Grenadier Guards last summer in Afghanistan and it was quite tough. A Guardsman Atherton was killed on one of the Operations did and that wasn't pleasant, but as its says, they are the Infantry, they have two jobs, hold the ground or go and take it.

He must have done some damage to the Civvy Copper though, as for 8 weeks after an Infantry Regiment returns from Iraq or Afghanistan the Military Police don't arrest for drink related offences, we just take them back to barracks or if the Civvy Police has them we take Primary on the case and let the Soldiers Chain of Command sort it out. i know this as i used to be Royal Military Police.

Flopps - If you want a copy of the Tour Video i made for my Provost Company, (174 Pro Coy, Donnington) then i can send you a copy, is about 11 minutes long but i got some good footage.

I also have Tour Videos for 1 Royal Anglians and i might have the 1st Battalion The Grenadier Guards as well but will have to have a look.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Yep after watching those 4 vids it certainly changes your opinion on the man, seems like the military need to decompress in a more concentrated and longer way for these guys to be able to join society and lead a normal life again..

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Just watched it on BBC3, i thought it would of been something serious, pleaded guilty to GBH, he is one lucky bloke, he should be in Jail, regardless of what happened in Afghanistan.

Reaction score
It's a sad fact that more soldiers have killed themselves since fighting in The Falklands than those who died in country.

It's time we gave our heroes more respect for what the do on our behalf.

For more click HERE

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Waynos_Face said:
Flopps - If you want a copy of the Tour Video i made for my Provost Company, (174 Pro Coy, Donnington) then i can send you a copy, is about 11 minutes long but i got some good footage.

Ok, that'd be good :thumb: Or if it's an mpeg file and you have web space perhaps you could host it?

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
I made it on windows movie maker, but its 400mb for 11 min, would be better to post it on a dvd or a as a data file, i think i still have your address.

Ask a Question