A Pilot's Story

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Most people today think it improper to discipline children, so I have tried other methods to control my kids when they have had one of 'those moments.'

Since I'm a pilot, one that I have found very effective is for me to just take the child for a flight during which I say nothing and give the child the opportunity to reflect on his or her behaviour.

I don't know whether it's the steady vibration from the engines or just the time away from any distractions such as TV, video games, computer, iPod, etc.

Either way, my kids usually calm down and stop misbehaving after our flight together. I believe that eye to eye contact during these sessions is an important element in achieving the desired results.

I've included a photo below of one of my sessions with my son, in case you would like to use the technique...

attachment.php

Works for grandkids too. :D

Attachments

• Pilot.JPG
    Pilot.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 157
Reaction score
That is what we should be doing to some of the Social Services goody goodies never mind the kids:D the kids all they need is a bit of love and lots of discipline:eek:

Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Most people today think it improper to discipline children,

Don't want to be a party pooper but I'd disagree with that. I know lots of couples with kids and without exception they are all strong on discipline. And I don't know of any of their offspring that have gone wrong.

Ok, ignore me, carry on :D

Ask a Question