Advanced INF Install

Matthew Clark

We are having a problem where when a computer is syspreped the machines may
or may not get an "Advanced INF Install" message where the option is to
restart or not. Does anyone know where this message may be coming from? We
need to prevent this from occuring if at all possible. The hardware
platform is the same, and it is not on all computers. There is no error,
just the reboot message for this.

Thanks in advance.

Matthew

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Advanced INF Install Message
http://www.jsifaq.com/SUBL/tip5700/rh5714.htm

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

:

| We are having a problem where when a computer is syspreped the machines may
| or may not get an "Advanced INF Install" message where the option is to
| restart or not. Does anyone know where this message may be coming from? We
| need to prevent this from occuring if at all possible. The hardware
| platform is the same, and it is not on all computers. There is no error,
| just the reboot message for this.
|
| Thanks in advance.
|
| Matthew

Matthew Clark

This is Service Pack 2 with the newest Sysprep. This is also an Intel
motherboard. There is no error message, just a message saying it must
reboot to function. I don't think the link you sent fits my senario. Any
other thoughts/ideas?

Thanks!

Matthew

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello Matthew,
Is that the entire error or is there a second line?
Are you removing Messenger by chance, that could cause the error?
Are you removing any other components, like Media Player for example?
Is there anything on the runonce lines in the registry when you get this
error?
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Matthew Clark

Darrell,
There isn't any error message, it is just a dialog box. I wish I had
the entire message in front of me, but the message is something like
"Advanced INF Install. You must restart your computer for the changes to
take effect. Do you want to restart? Yes/No". MSN Messenger 6.2 and MP10
are installed. There is a set of 4 VBS scripts that run, but we run these
same scripts on other platforms with no issue. I think this is possibly an
Intel issue but am not certain. I searched the registry and found 2 entries
for Advanced INF Install and deleted these, but the message still comes up.
This does not happen on all machines on this platform as far as I can tell.
If it is, it is only those with Power user or Administrative rights. I'm
sorry I can't be more clear on this but I'm not sure I'm clear on all this
myself. I can tell you these are P4 2.4 Ghz machines with and Intel 845G
chipset I think.

Thanks,

Matthew

From: "Matthew Clark" <[email protected]>
Subject: Advanced INF Install
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 19:47:27 -0600
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment

We are having a problem where when a computer is syspreped the machines may
or may not get an "Advanced INF Install" message where the option is to
restart or not. Does anyone know where this message may be coming from? We
need to prevent this from occuring if at all possible. The hardware
platform is the same, and it is not on all computers. There is no error,
just the reboot message for this.

Thanks in advance.

Matthew

Matthew Clark

Anyone have an idea on this? I am at my wits end. If this is indeed Intel,
how can I prevent this from coming up?

Thanks,

Matthew

"Darrell Gorter[MSFT]" said:
Hello Matthew,
Is that the entire error or is there a second line?
Are you removing Messenger by chance, that could cause the error?
Are you removing any other components, like Media Player for example?
Is there anything on the runonce lines in the registry when you get this
error?
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

rights
--------------------
From: "Matthew Clark" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 19:47:27 -0600
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment

We are having a problem where when a computer is syspreped the machines may
or may not get an "Advanced INF Install" message where the option is to
restart or not. Does anyone know where this message may be coming from? We
need to prevent this from occuring if at all possible. The hardware
platform is the same, and it is not on all computers. There is no
error,
just the reboot message for this.

Thanks in advance.

Matthew

Hi Chaps

I am also having a simular problem!!
"Advanced INF Install Failure: Reason: Access is denied." appears the first
time
a non-administrator logs on to the system after upgrading to XP SP2!!! Any
thoughts

Andy