Adult Tonsillectomy

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Well I could make some using lactose free cream ;) He's actually been preferring more solid foods - makes his throat feel better apparently!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah, eating sandwiches feels much better - seems to scrape all of the crud at the back of the throat away. TBH, I quite fancy a cheeseburger.

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
This big enough, Ian?

Burger.JPG

Keep you going for a day or two. :D

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Got my tonsils out yesterday, hurrah! The pain isn't too bad at the moment, but I've got a huge stack of painkillers to get me though :D.
All the very best to you @Ian! I hope the recovery process will prove to be speedy for you. :cheers::cheers:
Sadly he's lactose intolerant - or 'lactarded' as we like to call it :lol:
:eek: Oh my goodness! Thoughts of going without my daily ice cream "fix" are too traumatising to contemplate!:lol:

Perhaps there would be something here, to help cool a post-op throat? :thumb: According to the review, although they are non-dairy, they actually don't taste "...like they came out the wrong end of a cow..." as some do. (Think I quite fancy giving the Ben & Jerry's a try... er, just in the interests of research, of course. ;))

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks TC :). We've got some dairy free ice-cream in (which is ok), but to be honest it just isn't the same as some Ben and Jerry's Cookie Dough or the Peanut Cup one - so every so often I just eat it anyway, as I don't feel too bad afterwards :D.

Oddly, the thought of having ice cream or mash potato doesn't really appeal - whenever I've had solid food I've felt much better. I'm waiting to hit the brick wall in a few days when I regret saying that :lol:.

Ask a Question