ADSL Max Upgrade

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've just had an e-mail from Demon.net telling me that I've just had my ADSL Max upgrade enabled :D 10 days of configuration before a stable speed is set, so I'm hoping it's something fast ;)

I'm currently downloading at 180k/s so its about 50% faster than my previous 1MB connection, but I'm hoping for more when the line re-adjusts.

How has this process been for other re-graded users?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Just re-tested and up to 280k/s now, please let me reach 500k/s :D ;)

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
you should be good for atleast 400KB/s, 500KB/s or near is more than likely

Reaction score
Ian, what are you Sync'd at in your DSL Modem.

- DownStream Speed / UpStream Speed
- DownStream SNR / UpStream SNR

That'll give an idea of what you can achieve.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It's at around 7000kbps at the moment, I'm downloading at 420k/s now - it keeps going up each time I try. I'll reset the router and see how it does in the morning :)

Reaction score
Resetting can be a bad thing Ian, the more resync's the more BT will think there is an issue.

It's an entirely robotic system that monitors your line, and it sets margins against your line so say your resync's goes over a certain value it'll just drop your overall SYNC speed until it thinks the disconnections settle.

Over the 10Day period the system will force your line to reset at multiple points a day, so it's best to leave it do it on its own.

ADSL Max is a complicated and frustrating setup, but it's easy to screw yourself over by playing with the settings and resetting the router, as one simple blip on the systems margins and it'll lower your speed for upto 3days before trying to raise it again.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
OK I won't try that then! I got an e-mail telling me to reset it once a day to help the process.

Here's the stats from this morning:

Status
Configured Current
Line Status --- SHOWTIME
Link Type --- Interleaved Path

Data Rate
Stream Type Actual Data Rate
Up Stream 448 (Kbps.)
Down Stream 8128 (Kbps.)

Operation Data
Operation Data Upstream Downstream
Noise Margin 17 dB 8 dB
Attenuation 48 dB 43 dB

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
woah, looks like you'll be getting some decent speeds if that sync rate holds steady

Reaction score
Yeah i have similar SYNC / SNR rates bar the upload, which is 832, so you should be fine for full 8Meg Service.

Ask a Question