Adobe Reader 9 won't uninstall from my PC

Reaction score
Its not under add/remove programs and I can't for some reason view PDF files through web browser method. Its messed up, how to I remove it though?

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
What operating system are you using?

It should be under add/remove programs - mine is in XP.....however you may be able to remove it by downloading and installing it again, then un-installing.

However you may find that you get errors trying to re-install if there are previous installer files on there - in which case you may need to run the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility first.

For a much lighter version of a PDF reader try Foxit :thumb:

Reaction score
I use win XP.

Even Windows Installer Cleanup doesnt detect Adobe Reader. When I try to reinstall it says installation is corrupt.

Last edited:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
You could try Unlocker, a free download. It's worked for me a few times, although, TBH, not every time. :thumb:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Unlocker is used to help delete files which cannot be deleted because they are currently in use/being accessed by a program - I don't think that applies in this case from what I can see.

However Unlocker is indeed a good free program to use in the right circumstances - and one I use :thumb:

Ask a Question