Adobe fixes critical Flash flaw

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
BBC News have reported that Adobe have fixed a critical rated flaw in Flash Player - a popular piece of software that most internet users will have installed:

"Adobe has fixed a "critical" security flaw that had the potential to allow hackers to take control of affected computer systems. The bug was first spotted in early June week following a small number of targeted attacks.

The security update is one in a bumper update package that fixes a total of 32 documented vulnerabilities. Adobe's Flash and Reader software have emerged as prime targets for hi-tech criminals in the past year.

Users running Windows, Macintosh or Linux were all thought to be vulnerable to attack. Security firm Websense said the flaw was being exploited via e-mails that prompted recipients to open booby-trapped websites seeded with malware."

You can read the rest of the story here.

It would be worth making sure you've got the latest version of Flash installed to make sure that you are protected.

Secunia is free for personal use and will check your system for software vulnerabilties - it is worth running this on a regular basis to keep your system up to date : http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/personal/

You can update Flash player manually by visiting the Adobe website:
http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/

Attachments

• Adobe.jpg
    Adobe.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 716

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Got the latest one and now thanks to a custom Android 2.2 ROM i'm running flash on my phone to!! :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I had an automated update on one machine from Flash Player yesterday, I'll assume that's the problem it was addressing.

Suppose I better do the others as well eh?

Ask a Question