ADMT 2.0 Errors???

WooYing

What I am trying to do is copy over users from my NT4.0 domain over to my
Windows 2000 AD. When I run ADMT 2.0 I am either always getting this error:

ERR2:7124 IT InternGroupRen - already exists.

I get this error when I check off the update user rights, migrate associated
user groups, update previously group membership, and fix user groups
membership.

AND

I get this error when I don't check off fix user group but check everything
else.

ERR2:7453 Failed to create IT InternGroupRen - Account with this
prefix/suffix already exists in target domain. Please remigrate with
different name-collision settings.

No matter which I select I still get an error, my question is which is
better. I've tried to look up these error messages and with no luck did I
find an answer. Thanks for your help.

Chriss3

Dose this particular group exists in the destination domain? if so delete or
rename it.

WooYing

Chris

What happened was that I move 1 user first and then I selected
update user groups, update previously group membership, and fix user groups
membership. When I was successful and saw that all the group were copied
over, I then add the other people in the IT group and then I did the same
thing and got that error. The really wierd thing is that some users we
added to the approiate groups while other weren't added at all. Can you
offer any other suggestions????

WooYing

Joe thanks for your reply but what do you suggest I do??? Meaning how should
I migrate them?

Should I migrate the users first ( one by one)?? or should I migrate the
group but don't move the users over and then move the users over into their
proper groups??? If that is the case then can you tell me how I should
proceed in using ADMTv2??? Thanks Joe

Joe Wu said:
Hello WooYing,

Thank you for your post.

Also thanks to Chris for the comments.

How did you migrate the users?

I would like to suggest that you do not migrate the associated user groups
when migrating these user accounts.

Actually, it is recommand to migrate the groups and users separately.
During the user migration, please use the following configurations:

[User Options]

Migrate associated user groups * Not Checked
Fix users' group memberships * Checked

If the groups have previously been migrated, choosing the above options
will update the group memberships during the user migration.

I hope this helps. Thanks and have a great day!

Regards,
Joe Wu
Product Support Services
Microsoft Corporation

|From: "WooYing" <[email protected]>
|Subject: Re: ADMT 2.0 Errors???
|Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 12:24:13 -0500
|Newsgroups:
microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory,microsoft.public.windows.server.ac
tive_directory,microsoft.public.windows.server.migration