Administrative Privledges Needed to run Office 2007

cobra60

Hi

Just installed Office 2007 on my desktop with 4 users. They are 1 Admi

and 3 standard users. Office was installed on my Admin account and
work great. Except it would not run on the standard accounts without
Administrative Privledges . How do I setup this program to run on all
accounts?

Thanks
Jo

Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]

cobra60 said:
Hi

Just installed Office 2007 on my desktop with 4 users. They are 1
Admin

and 3 standard users. Office was installed on my Admin account and
work great. Except it would not run on the standard accounts without
Administrative Privledges . How do I setup this program to run on all
accounts?

Thanks
Joe

Office does not require admin rights to run. How did you set it up? Did you
do a full install? I always do (custom/ install all apps to run from my
computer).

cobra60

'Lanwench [MVP - Exchange said:
;3199572']cobra60 (e-mail address removed) wrote:-
Hi

Just installed Office 2007 on my desktop with 4 users. They are 1
Admin

and 3 standard users. Office was installed on my Admin account and
work great. Except it would not run on the standard accounts without
Administrative Privledges . How do I setup this program to run on all
accounts?

Thanks
Joe-

Office does not require admin rights to run. How did you set it up? Di
you
do a full install? I always do (custom/ install all apps to run from m

computer).

Thanks for the quick reply.

The reason I say Office needs Administrative Privledges is because
changed
one of the standard user accounts to Administrative and it ran fine.
I did a full install to run from my computer also. Running Office fro

standard user accounts causes the Office configuring screen to come u

all the time

Jim

cobra60 said:
'Lanwench [MVP - Exchange said:
;3199572']cobra60 (e-mail address removed) wrote:-
Hi

Just installed Office 2007 on my desktop with 4 users. They are 1
Admin

and 3 standard users. Office was installed on my Admin account and
work great. Except it would not run on the standard accounts without
Administrative Privledges . How do I setup this program to run on all
accounts?

Thanks
Joe-

Office does not require admin rights to run. How did you set it up? Did
you
do a full install? I always do (custom/ install all apps to run from my

computer).

Thanks for the quick reply.

The reason I say Office needs Administrative Privledges is because I
changed
one of the standard user accounts to Administrative and it ran fine.
I did a full install to run from my computer also. Running Office from

standard user accounts causes the Office configuring screen to come up

all the time.
Ordinary users on my computers can use Office 2007 products with no trouble.
The Office configuring screen does not come up after the first trial.
Perhaps somewhere somehow you did not set it up correctly.
Jim

Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]

cobra60 said:
'Lanwench [MVP - Exchange said:
[...]

Try reinstalling or repairing it....if you keep having problems, try posting
in an Office group

Anteaus

Have you tried promoting the users temporarily, running Office, then
demoting the user? This may eliminate the problem if it needs to do some
configuring under that account.

Easiest method is:

net localgroup Administators {user} /add
<reboot>
run office
net localgroup Administators {user} /delete

Or you could try my SUWin utlility, from:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mylogon

:

-

"cobra60" (e-mail address removed) wrote in message

'Lanwench [MVP - Exchange Wrote:-
[...]

up

all the time.

--
cobra60-
Ordinary users on my computers can use Office 2007 products with n
trouble.
The Office configuring screen does not come up after the first trial.
Perhaps somewhere somehow you did not set it up correctly.
Jim

-

Yes I tried promoting one user and Office ran great but when I demoted
that user Office kept trying to configure.
But I started using SUWin utlility and Office works good now.
I wish there was a tuturiol on setting up a whitelist for this SUWi
utlility.

Thank

Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]

cobra60 said:
Anteaus;3199913 said:
[...]

You still haven't fixed the problem, then. Did you try my suggestion of
repairing Office? You do not need admin rights to run Office. I promise.