Unable to Login with Administrator Privledges

G

It seems that all games I am trying to run are not allowing me to use them. I get the same message each time -- "Access Denied -- Please login with administrator privledges and try again". I have tried changing the user accounts -- by default mine had administrator privledges; tried removing passwords; tried creating new accounts; tried deleting and reinstalling many of the programs; ran the Scandisk, Defrag and all other utilities, and still get the same error.

Can anyone help me out on this? My kids are beginning to clamor for a new PC and this one is only a year old. Tks -- Ed.

G

Ed,

I have the same issues with Xp and my 4 year old son. basically most of the time I can, login as Admin, access the games top level folder, and right click to properties. Under security add the accounts of the kids and give them change or Full control., be sure that the permissions propigate to the folder below. This works well for me.

Rodney Knight, MCSE
RND Consulting

G

Rodney -- I tried to go to the main folder and the areas where I would make the settings changes were grayed out. The message at the bottom was "Options disabled because folder is used by the operating system".

Ask a Question