Adding NICs to RIS

Charles Blair

I have a Windows 2003 RIS server in a Windows 2000 native domain. I am
setting up Windows XP RIS images to utilize third-party NIC drivers, per the
MS article http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;246184
but for some reason I cannot get one of the drivers to work. The NIC is a
Broadcom 570x Gigabit Integrated Controller on a Dell Latitude D600. I have
followed all steps in the article, but with no success. Are there any
troubleshooting tools to diagnose this problem?

TIA

Charles

David

I'm having the same issue with both D600s and D400s. I
would also appreciate any assistance. I've had no issues
with any other third party NICs that I've added to RIS
images. The Broadcom appears to be a problem child.

Charles Blair

That's great Conrad, but it still does not answer my question or solve my
problem.

Any other help is greatly appreciated.

Charles

Diane McCorkle

I had the same issue,

After significant contact with my Dell CFI manager they were able to supply
me with the proper driver package.

It was a set of Broadcom drivers dated 09/29/2003 earlier versions even from
Dell didn't work. I believe the INF has an error in it

I hope this helps others.

Diane

Charles Blair

Do you still have the download file so we can get it from Dell's site?

Thank you.

Charles

Charles Blair

The download file name I mean.

Charles

Charles Blair said:
Do you still have the download file so we can get it from Dell's site?

Thank you.

Charles

"Diane McCorkle" <diane.mccorkle at atcassociates dot com> wrote in message

Diane McCorkle

Charles,

I'm glad you found it, I would have been uncomfortable giving out a file
that had been sent to us password protected,

and this works out better since anyone that googles for it will get the
right link to current files.

Diane

David

I actually managed to get one to work off of a D400 driver
CD. Even though it appeared to be the same rev as the
previous one I had tried it worked this time. I still had
to modify the ini file as indicated on Broadcoms website,
but it worked this time.