Adding Music to Website

I've checked through all previous discussions regarding adding sound to my
website, but none have helped.

Can somebody please tell me, step-by-step, how to add music/sound to my
website? I have saved songs through Windows Media Player but when I try to
add one through Page Options, the file is not found. I am so lost!

Please help! Thanks in advance!

Trish Smith

Andrew Murray

Format menu > Background
Go to the General tab
Go to the section labelled "Background Sound"
Click "Browse" to find the file, etc., select the file you want
Click [OK] out of all the dialogues

You're done.

If the file you want is not in the folder, import the file first (if it was
not saved to your web to start with. File > Import and follow the
prompts/procedures.

Note, Frontage seems only to find mid and wav files through the GUI, but you
can add any format (like MP3) through the code view.
So you can add whatever format you like eg MP3, windows media player,
quicktime, real media etc.

Under the <body> tag type <bgsound="/path/to/your/file/yourfile.wav"> - this
is an "IE Only" tag.

The netscape/other tag is <embed="/path/to/your/file/yourfile.wav">

Andrew,

I tried everything, all the way down to inserting the html into the body. I
typed in the following: <bgsound="/Documents and Settings/Trish/My
Documents/My Music/Ben Folds/Rockin' the Suburbs/03 - Ben Folds - still
fighting it.mp3"> and it said it was incorrect. Did I type something wrong? I
do not use html often, so I am not too familiar with it. Grrrrrrr!

Trish

Trish Smith said:
I've checked through all previous discussions regarding adding sound to my
website, but none have helped.

Can somebody please tell me, step-by-step, how to add music/sound to my
website? I have saved songs through Windows Media Player but when I try to
add one through Page Options, the file is not found. I am so lost!

Please help! Thanks in advance!

Trish Smith

Andrew Murray

<bgsound="/Documents and Settings/Trish/My Documents/My Music/Ben
Folds/Rockin' the Suburbs/03 - Ben Folds - still
fighting it.mp3"> is incorect.

Don't put that full path into the bgsound tag since when its on the web
there will be no folder called "my documents..." etc

The file has to be within the web you're working on. Import the sound file
from "Documents and Settings/Trish/My Documents/My Music/Ben Folds/Rockin'
the Suburbs" to a folder within your web called, for example, "music" (for
the sake of simplicity).

In effect it is copying the file into your web (it will leave the original
file where it is).

So when publishedon the web it will look like
http://www.yoursite.com/music/03 - Ben Folds - still fighting it.mp3

Additionally, to avoid problems I'd delete all the spaces from the file
name: "03 - Ben Folds - still fighting it.mp3"; change it to something
like
"03-Ben Folds-still_fighting_it.mp3" (simply rename it within Frontpage in
the folder list view).

Being that the file doesn't seem to be in your web, is probably the reason
it doesn't show up in the file list through the Format > Background (etc)
dialogue box.

Hope this clears up the problem problem.