Add third nic on Windows 2000 cluster server

Thanh

Hello folks,

I'm trying to add third network card after install
cluster service on Windows 2000. Does anyone know how to
do it? Please let me know. It is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Thanh

email: (e-mail address removed)

Curtis Koenig [MSFT]

Hi Thanh,
As I understand it you want to add another network card to your cluster.
The only rule for this is the network card must have an IP address that is
in a subnet that is not already on a NIC that is part of your cluster.

Thus if you want to add a redundant heartbeat adapter and your current one
has the IP of 10.0.0.1 with subnet mask of 255.0.0.0 you would could then
add another heartbeat adapter of 192.168.1.0 with subnet mask of
255.255.255.0 and set the communications for "Internal only" for it to be a
heartbeat adapter and then do the same on the other node. The same rule
holds true for adding an additional adapter for the public interface of
cluster, it must be on a different IP subnet. Once the card is on a
different subnet you will be able to see it in Cluster Administrator and be
able to configure it as desired.
__
Curtis Koenig
Windows 2000 MCSA,MCSE
Security MCSA,MCSE
Microsoft Clutering Technologies Support

Please reply to the newsgroup so that others may benefit. Thanks!