Adaptec APA-1460 Series SCSI Card

G

Has anybody successfully installed drivers for this PCMCIA card? I need it to
access my Jazz drive. The driver that is listed in ADD HARDWARE won't
install. It says that the driver does not support Vista and there are no XP
drivers available for d/l. The latest ones are for Win98/NT.

I wanted to ask Adaptec about this, but since the cards are out of warranty,
I cannot email them a question.

Reaction score
I've got an old laptop I used my APA-1460 with, which was running XP. I can't remember how I did it now, but I'm almost certain there were Windows 2000 drivers which worked perfectly on XP.

As far as I know, you can install drivers on Vista 32bit by running the installer in compatibility mode for XP.

Unfortunately I have no idea where I've put the driver CD for my card! I just assumed I'd be able to download drivers for it. I've just bought a new laptop with vista and was fairly horrified to find that supposedly there is no way to use the APA-1460 scsi card. I'm certainly not shelling out for a new pcmcia scsi controller (goodness knows how much that would cost) when I've got a perfectly good one. I need it to run a Fujitsu 45 page per minute A3 document scanner. There is, of course, always the option to ditch vista altogether and stay with XP. I just don't like being bullied into it.

Ask a Question