Ad.exe Cicero Unwnd / 0x74706b41 referenced memory could not be read

G

On my Emachine running XP Home, when my wife is signed on as the user she continually gets a pop-up error message stating in the header something like - Ad.exe Cicero Unwnd (i don't have the error message in front of me -sorry) And in the body it says 0x74706b41 referenced memory could not be read.
This seems to only happen when she is online using IExplorer and several pop-up ads are continually popping up as well even with the Google blocker
I have seen references to an XP problem but not a solution. I posted this to XP General and was told a SpyWare program may help but the error only happens when my wife is the user in XP but not when I am signed on.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

G

You can delete her profile, when she logs back in it will re-create one, however the desktop will default to the original, she would have to redo any icons,shortcuts,wallpaper
control panel, click on system, click on advanced in system properties, find the user profile box, the center one, click on settings, find her profile and delete it.

G

Is this your opinion of what will help as you may have seen this type of problem before or just a give it a try and see
Thanks for the response.

G

Yes, I am desktop support person at a University, and have done this many times, it deletes all the garbage associated with that user. It will not hurt the account or programs

Ask a Question