AD Controller

NealJH

I am getting "Naming information cannot be located
because: Target principal name is incorrect' when trying
to open Active Dir. Users and computer. When it opens
there is a Red X and not domain controller is attached. I
get unable to connect to domain controller. Principal name
is incorrect.

Help!!!

Kevin Bowersock

There are a number of things that can cause this issue.
The best thing you could do right now is run a DCdiag /v and look for
something like an LDAP bind error.
It will also give an error number that you could post here for a better
answer.

As a shot in the dark , lacking any output from a dcdiag you may want to
check

The dependency services for Netlogon may be incorrect - it should list
only:
LanmanWorkstation and LanmanServer

Open regedt32, and navigate to :
HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Netlogon registry key, verify that
DependOnService entries are LanmanWorkstation and LanmanServer .
If not Correct it and restart the server.
If you have a healthy sever you could export that key from it and import it
to you " sick" server.

(e-mail address removed)

This posting is provided "AS IS"
with no warranties, and confers no rights