Outlook Active X and Outlook 2003

Reaction score
I am having a problem here at the office with Microsoft outlook 2003 and email signatures. Some computers I have been able to create and use signatures with our logo (.jpeg) and on others I am not. I am getting an error saying that security settings are preventing active x controls from running and when I look in the preview everything looks fine the logo is perfect but when I go to create a new message it is now a little red x. Someone HELP! Please!
Toni

Reaction score
codes

im not sure it could be i saw this too but i am clueless on how to even use these codes? Do you or anyone else know well enough to walk me through?This is just so frustrating trying to get our computer guy to call us back and the fact that I have it done on all computers but 2.....AARRRRGGGGHHH makes me wanna drink!

Reaction score
Ok here goes:

IMPORTANT!!!!
Backup your registry before doing the following. Just in case. From within Regedit click File>Export and save it somewhere safe.

To use a registry entry, add a DWORD value named AllowActiveXOneOffForms to the HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\Security value and set it to one of these values:\

0 Load only the frm20.dll controls, the Outlook View Control, Outlook Recipient Control, and the docsite (message body) control
1 Allow only controls marked as "safe for initialization" to load
2 Allow all ActiveX controls to load

To do the above do the following:

Start>
Run>
Type: regedit
OK>

Now your in the registry editor. Now you need to navigate to the folowing location:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\Security value

Now here you need to DWORD value called AllowActiveXOneOffForms do the following:

Edit>
New>
DWORD value
Name it AllowActiveXOneOffForms
Now right click the value and select Modify

This is where you put the value of one of the above in either 0,1 or 2 depending on what you want it to do.

I hope that helps but be warned messing with the registry is not to everyones taste but I have done it many times before for various reasons and haven't had an issue with it.

Cheers,

Rich

Ask a Question