Active content

I have windows xp
This is a laptop purchased this year.
Cd rom called guitarlicks wizard 101 COPYRIGHT BY: MICHAEL E. LYNCH

I have this cdrom that wont open some of the contents in it. It is called
guitar wizard and i pain $30.00 for it. i loaded it up as instructed but when
i click to see and here the music notes it brings up what is written
below....

To help protect your security, Internet explorer has restricted this file
from showing active content that could access your computer, click here for
options.
If i click the toolbar and hit allow blocked content to open , it says..

allowing active content such as script and active x controls can be usful
but active contenet might be harmful to your computer.
By clicking yes it does allow the cd to play and open up but you have to
do this for every icon you open and this cd has 300 to open.

Also,i tried to delete the icon so i can reinstall but when i hit delete is
says...

Can not delete Guitar Wizard . the disk is write protected. remove the write
protected or use other disk.

Tip....this cd rom installs and operates fine on older computers .

I appreciate any help from your support team that volunteers doing this i
think they a really good people for doing this . i hope you can help me i am
going insane.

Thanks Tony

Don Varnau

Hi Tony,
Hi,
Try this...
Internet Options> Advanced> Security> check "Allow active content from CDs
to run in files on My Computer ."

You will be giving up some of the enhanced security of the XP SP2 update,
but it's the only way to avoid the warning message.

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

"Tonyv" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

Thanks so much for your help . i do have only one problem left and that is
only one thing wont open when i click ths music button can you tell me why?
Down below is what the cd looks like.

CLICK FOR MUSIC
Etude one

s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s
+---------------------------------+---------------------------------+
|---5-8-6-5-6---5---5-8-6-5-6---5-|---5-8-6-5-6---5-----------------|

when click it wont play but everything else on cd will.

Don Varnau

Hi,
Sorry... don't know why that one selection won't play.

Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]