Activation

Bob Buckland ?:-\)

If you're using a trial copy of
Office 2003 telephone activation isn't available.

If it's a retail copy then you should see the
number for your locale when you use Help=>Activation
and select a country.

=========
What is the activation telephone number for Office 2k3? I can't activate by
inet and I can't find a phone number.

Thanks.

ColBlip>>
--
Let us know if this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:)
MS Office System Products MVP

Office 2003 Editions explained
http://www.microsoft.com/uk/office/editions.mspx

MS really know how to pis* you off.
I got the Office 2003 trial CD. Activation doesn't work as the internet
connection is through a proxy. No phone activation is available on the trial.
I finally got through to the phone activation people through a tech support
line (will we be invoiced?) and the women hangs up on me when I say it's the
trial version.
The website says that even without activation, I should be able to use it 50
times, but it is already in reduced functionality mode (no New or Save in
Word), so I can't really try it out.
It's horrible because we are trapped. I'd like to say bug off to MS, but we
are too dependant on them. Aaaagh!!
David

ColBlip

Hello, Bob!
You wrote on Wed, 20 Apr 2005 22:09:32 -0700:

It is not trial; I've activated before. Changed m/b and now I can't get
activation dialog beyond choice of phone or internet.

Thanks.

ColBlip.
E-mail: (e-mail address removed)

BB> If you're using a trial copy of
BB> Office 2003 telephone activation isn't available.

BB> If it's a retail copy then you should see the
BB> number for your locale when you use Help=>Activation
BB> and select a country.

BB> =========
BB> What is the activation telephone number for Office 2k3? I can't
BB> activate by inet and I can't find a phone number.

BB> Thanks.

ColBlip

Hello, Paul!
You wrote on Thu, 21 Apr 2005 01:51:42 -0500:

According to the recording they only handle officexp; this is office 2k3.
Besides that I do not get the characteristic activation window as I have in
the past.

Thanks.

ColBlip.
E-mail: (e-mail address removed)

PB> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;326851
PB> Activation and Registration of a Microsoft Product

PB> --
PB> Paul Ballou
PB> MVP Office
PB> http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/default.aspx
PB> http://office.microsoft.com/templates
PB> http://office.microsoft.com/home

PB> Control the things you can and Don't Worry about the things you can't
PB> control.

PB> ??>> What is the activation telephone number for Office 2k3? I can't
??>> activate by inet and I can't find a phone number.
??>>
??>> Thanks.
??>>
??>> ColBlip.
??>> E-mail: (e-mail address removed)
??>>

ColBlip

Hello, D@annyBoy!
You wrote on Thu, 21 Apr 2005 16:04:00 +0700:

New m/b; thanks for pointing out.

Thanks.

ColBlip.
E-mail: (e-mail address removed)

D> fix your clock first
D> ??>> What is the activation telephone number for Office 2k3? I can't
??>> activate by inet and I can't find a phone number.
??>>
??>> Thanks.
??>>
??>> ColBlip.
??>> E-mail: (e-mail address removed)
??>>

Amedee Van Gasse

david shared this with us in microsoft.public.word.newusers:
MS really know how to pis* you off. *snip*
It's horrible because we are trapped. I'd like to say bug off to MS,
but we are too dependant on them. Aaaagh!!

No you are not. There is always a choice.
http://openoffice.org

ColBlip

What is the activation telephone number for Office 2k3? I can't activate by
inet and I can't find a phone number.

Thanks.

ColBlip.
E-mail: (e-mail address removed)

Zilbandy

ColBlip said:
According to the recording they only handle officexp; this is office 2k3.
Besides that I do not get the characteristic activation window as I have in
the past.

I knew there was a reason I never upgraded from Office 97. :)