[ACF] Freeware Wish List

old jon

Little Girl said:
Hey there,

I just installed and tried out Jetlinks, and it's pretty well
identical to Gul. Gul also doesn't include Firefox in its
import/export list, but it can be worked around as above, or by
exporting to IE Favorites and then importing from there to Firefox.

I was using the PlainOldFavorites extension for Firefox (IE Favorites
in the Firefox menu), but since I hardly ever use IE anymore, it's
kind of silly to keep it. So now I bookmark pages directly into
Firefox. But I still like to have all of them end up as IE Favorites,
since that's a standard that works with probably all bookmark
managers.

I know the feeling, but hey, you're doing a great job of it, and all
that work is making a lot of people very happy. :)

--
Little Girl
Take out the trash to reply by email.

There is no spoon.
I think it`s about time you told us (TINU), who stole the spoon. <g>.

Chris

I've uploaded a new web page with those wishes that were adopted. I
noted the "owner" of each wish so that they can be consulted (pinged)
if someone thinks they've found a Freeware that fulfills the wish.
http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/acf/FreewareWishList.php
Please post if you wish to adopt one of the "orphan" wishes. The old
list is here:
http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/acf/FreewareWishList-OLD.php
There has been some discussion of new wishes in this thread - ISTM
those discussions were not conclusive so I haven't added any new wishes
yet. If you want to add a new wish please post the wish exactly as it
should appear on the web page.

OK, Susan, here's one:
INTERNET
Router Logger REQUIREMENTS: Log into the statistics html page of a
Netgear DG834 ADSL router, every minute, and extract the date and time,
together with the Noise Margin figure. Write these to a text file as a
log.
WHY NEEDED: Many people have very variable Signal-to-Noise ratios, which
often leads to dropping of their ADSL connection. A tiny program or
script would enable them to collect evidence and then they might be able
to diagnose the problem - because it can be something as peculiar as the
street lamps turning on in the road outside the house!
The Netgear DG834 is one of the most used routers - and anyway the
script could perhaps be made easy to modify for other routers. (Chris)

Susan Bugher

Chris said:
OK, Susan, here's one:
INTERNET
Router Logger REQUIREMENTS: Log into the statistics html page of a
Netgear DG834 ADSL router, every minute, and extract the date and time,
together with the Noise Margin figure. Write these to a text file as a
log.
WHY NEEDED: Many people have very variable Signal-to-Noise ratios, which
often leads to dropping of their ADSL connection. A tiny program or
script would enable them to collect evidence and then they might be able
to diagnose the problem - because it can be something as peculiar as the
street lamps turning on in the road outside the house!
The Netgear DG834 is one of the most used routers - and anyway the
script could perhaps be made easy to modify for other routers. (Chris)

Hi Chris,

Done. Apologies for the delay.

http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/acf/FreewareWishList.php

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware
http://www.google.com.gr/groups?q=+group:alt.comp.freeware&hl=en

Susan Bugher

Thanks, Susan, but I can't see my request on that site!
Can you?

nope. . .
I've tried Ctrl-refresh and Shift-refresh - and I still can't.
What on earth is happening?

The file is jinxed. . . ;)

Try again now. . .

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Chris wrote:

http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/acf/FreewareWishList.php
Susan - have you tried passing this wishlist to
Solen Technologies?
Home page: http://www.solentech.tk/
Services: http://glorified.bizhat.com/services.htm
Email (e-mail address removed)