Accounts vs Company

Business Contact Manager suggest storing compaines as accounts. However
there is also a company field in the database.

Is there some value to the user in also keeping the company name in the
company field? Other reports? Something?

Having a hard time determining if I should just store each company as an
ACCOUNT.

Luther

Business Contact Manager suggest storing compaines as accounts. However
there is also a company field in the database.

Is there some value to the user in also keeping the company name in the
company field? Other reports? Something?

Having a hard time determining if I should just store each company as an
ACCOUNT.

I believe the Company field in the database is for Business Contacts
(people), and not for Acounts (companies).

Lon Orenstein

Matthew:

Accounts are best used when you deal with customers who (1) you want to link
to Office Accounting (a Customer in Accounting equals an Account in BCM), or
(2) you have multiple contacts at the account and want to see a "roll up"
view of who did what to whom at the account. Looking in Communication
History, you'll see all the entries from all the contacts who are linked to
that account.

The Company field you mentioned is more for "show" -- it's the Account field
that makes the contact part of the account.

HTH,
Lon

Lon Orenstein
pinpointtools
(e-mail address removed)
www.pinpointtools.com

"Matthew Kernodle - Sacramento, CA" <Matthew Kernodle - Sacramento,
news:[email protected]...