Accessing XP shares via 2Kpro

G

I've set myself up with a private network - 2 machines directly connected with a crossover. One is running 2K pro, the other is running XP pro.

I've set up shares on both machines. When I try to access the 2K shares from the XP machine it's no problem at all. When I try to access the XP shares from the 2K machine, I'm prompted to enter a network password. I enter the username and password I've set up for my administrator account (and carefully press each key while typing the password so I know i'm typing it correctly) and it just says "incorrect password or unknown username for \\atlas

So, in the words of bugs bunny, 'What's up, doc?'

M

Michael Johnston [MSFT]

When prompted for credentials try typing the username as machinename\username where machinename is the name of the
WinXP box. Also make sure that the everyone group is listed in the Access this computer from the network policy. This can be
found in Local Security Policy>Local Policies>User Rights Assignment.

Thank you,
Mike Johnston
Microsoft Network Support
--

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the
terms specified at
http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread from
which they originated.

G

Actually i specifically removed the everyone access and implemented 'Authenticated Users' instead...

Ask a Question