Access to Temporary Internet Files subfolders

Clementius

Hi,
While getting rid of Spyware, I found out that some Temporary Internet Files
subfolders are hidden from Windows Explorer even when the folder options are
set to show hidden files and folders and not hide protected operating system
files. I can access these subfolders through a DOS prompt though. Am I
missing a setting in Windows Explorer or is this by design that Windows
Explorer gives you limited access to hidden folders? Thanks for your input.

Carey Frisch [MVP]

For Internet Explorer assistance:

Please visit the Internet Explorer newsgroup experts:

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

:

| Hi,
| While getting rid of Spyware, I found out that some Temporary Internet Files
| subfolders are hidden from Windows Explorer even when the folder options are
| set to show hidden files and folders and not hide protected operating system
| files. I can access these subfolders through a DOS prompt though. Am I
| missing a setting in Windows Explorer or is this by design that Windows
| Explorer gives you limited access to hidden folders? Thanks for your input.

David Candy

Explorer loads viewing programs for each folder. Most use a viewer that shows files, but not all. History, Cookies, TIF, Tasks (what you see in Task Scheduler), Control Panel (a virtual directory) among others all show the intended content.

Explorer is a namespace browser not a file manager. The namespace is a logical construct not a physical construct.

Clementius

Thank you David for your post. This is helpful. C