access, restricting

desperate

i have a problem. my problem is the trouble kids can
cause using my computer. i have all of my important files
in seperate partitions (kids accounts dont have access).
i would like some help that could help me to restrict
access to cd and floppy drives, printers, and programs.
As well i tried to set internet security ( restricting
internet access only to three sites i want them going to
but this restriction is in effect on my account as well.
i would like to have seperate internet restrictions on
seperate accounts. One more thing. is there a way that
each user has his or her own desktop resolution and
shortcuts without seeing another users shortcuts.

desperate. its nerve wrecking to have to reinstall
windows xp every week just because my kids go to the
wrong sites and download trash. Thank you for your time
and help.

pauly [MSFT]

Desperate,

If you are using windows XP Professional, to get started please read the
following:

307874 How to disable simplified sharing and set permissions on a shared
folder
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=307874

304040 Description of File Sharing and Permissions in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=304040

223316 Best Practices for the Encrypting File System
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=223316

INTERNET FILTERS AND PARENTAL CONTROLS:
http://www.internetfilterreview.com/index.html

310401 HOW TO: Use the Internet Explorer 6 Content Advisor to Control
Access to
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=310401

=========

Windows XP Security Homepage:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/security/default.asp

Windows 2000 Security Homepage:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/security/default.asp

Top 10 Windows Newsgroups Security Questions:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/newsgroups/default.asp?url=/technet/newsgro
ups/nodepages/sectop10.asp

=========
Paul Hayes, MCSE