Access form buttons with hyperlinks

I have office 2000 and xp. In both applications, if I include a hyperlink in a form, A warning window pops up when you click button that is hyperlinked. I have a button that hyperlinks to an application on my own "C" drive and I still get the following warning:"Opening C:\Program Files\(application folder)\(application).ex

Some files can contain viruses or otherwise be harmful to
your computer. It is important to be certain that this file
is from a trustworthy source

Would you like to open this file?

Is there a way to keep this from popping up? It is very annoying
Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks Scott

Carrie Garth

Scott said:
wrote in message I have office 2000 and xp. In both applications, if I include a hyperlink in a
form, A warning window pops up when you click button that is hyperlinked. I have a
button that hyperlinks to an application on my own "C" drive and I still get the
following warning <SNIP> Would you like to open this file?" Is there a way to keep
this from popping up? <SNIP>

The easiest solution is to create a command button with a wizard and follow the
directions in the dialog boxes to program the button to run your application.

That is, start the command button wizard and when it asks you "What action do you
want to happen when the button is pressed?" select "Application" from under
Categories; select "Run Application" from under Actions; click Next and then click
the Browse button to select your application. For some information, search Access
Help for the topic titled: "Create a command button with a wizard".

And if that solution is not acceptable I suggest that you post your question in an
appropriate group such as: microsoft.public.access.gettingstarted

Your newsgroup message header seems to indicate that you are posting to the Microsoft
Public Newsgroups using the Microsoft Communities Web Page. If I am correct, if you
click the first link below it will open your browser to the newsgroups Web Interface:

Microsoft Communities Newsgroups: microsoft.public.access.gettingstarted
http://communities2.microsoft.com/c...started&cat=en-us-office-access&lang=en&cr=US

If you read newsgroups using a NNTP newsreader, such as Outlook Express, and
use the msnews.microsoft.com news server, here is a link: