ACCESS export wizard

Y

Yossi evenzur

Hi experts
when i export a query to excel 2003 the result file contains the date format
in "custom" format. here are 2 question
1) is there an export wizard for EXCEL?
2) why the export format is set to "custom"?
BTW: I changed the regional settings date format to English UK

J

Joan Wild

Seems to me that Excel just uses the regional settings, unless you've set the format of the destination cells to something different. Check your settings in Excel - both the cell format and in Tools Options.

--
Joan Wild
Microsoft Access MVP
: Hi experts
: when i export a query to excel 2003 the result file contains the date format
: in "custom" format. here are 2 question
: 1) is there an export wizard for EXCEL?
: 2) why the export format is set to "custom"?
: BTW: I changed the regional settings date format to English UK

Y

Yossi evenzur

Joan Wild said:
Seems to me that Excel just uses the regional settings, unless you've set the format of the destination cells to something different. Check your settings in Excel - both the cell format and in Tools Options.

--
Joan Wild
Microsoft Access MVP
: Hi experts
: when i export a query to excel 2003 the result file contains the date format
: in "custom" format. here are 2 question
: 1) is there an export wizard for EXCEL?
: 2) why the export format is set to "custom"?
: BTW: I changed the regional settings date format to English UK
I checked the excel settings, no reference to the date, regional setting is set for2 options , short date and long date, the short date is ok but i can't modify the long date and it seems like the excel prefers this format.

J

Joan Wild

Excel (like Access) doesn't prefer a certain format. Dates are always stored as a number with the integer portion the number of days since Dec 30, 1899 and the decimal portion the time (expressed as part of a day). The format is just that, how it appears on screen to the user.

Are you saying that Excel doesn't recognize the values as dates?

--
Joan Wild
Microsoft Access MVP
:
:
: "Joan Wild" wrote:
:
: > Seems to me that Excel just uses the regional settings, unless you've set the format of the destination cells to something different. Check your settings in Excel - both the cell format and in Tools Options.
: >
: >
: > --
: > Joan Wild
: > Microsoft Access MVP
: > : Hi experts
: > : when i export a query to excel 2003 the result file contains the date format
: > : in "custom" format. here are 2 question
: > : 1) is there an export wizard for EXCEL?
: > : 2) why the export format is set to "custom"?
: > : BTW: I changed the regional settings date format to English UK
: > I checked the excel settings, no reference to the date, regional setting is set for2 options , short date and long date, the short date is ok but i can't modify the long date and it seems like the excel prefers this format.

Ask a Question