Access Denied on folder for a new user

G

Hi

On a Windows 2000 Advanced Server network I added a new user. The user machine is running Windows XP Pro. She uses the same log-in script all 35 others do. All th folders connect. I tried setting read & execute permissions on one Folder K for her but continually get access denied. She's restricted from seeing any other folders, so I picked folder I and gave her read & execute permissions as a test. No problem at all opening files on folder I. I deleted her from drive K and readded her. Still get denied access

How can she access drives I don't want her to, yet not access the drive I originally wanted her to

Thanks

S

Steven L Umbach

Make sure she is not a member of a group that has deny acres for share or ntfs
permissions and be sure to check advanced permissions also on that folder. Check to
see if she has the same problem from another computer. Also check her "stored
credentials" on the XP machine as that can cause problems if the password is wrong.
Enabling auditing of logon events on the server may also help in examining the failed
events for reason codes in the security log in Event Viewer. --- Steve

http://www.jsiinc.com/SUBI/tip4400/rh4476.htm

mrnaturl said:
Hi,

On a Windows 2000 Advanced Server network I added a new user. The user machine is
running Windows XP Pro. She uses the same log-in script all 35 others do. All th
folders connect. I tried setting read & execute permissions on one Folder K for her
but continually get access denied. She's restricted from seeing any other folders, so
I picked folder I and gave her read & execute permissions as a test. No problem at
all opening files on folder I. I deleted her from drive K and readded her. Still get
denied access.

Ask a Question