Access Access 2003 Security problem

Reaction score
I am running Access 2003. On opening any of my databases I always get 'UNSAFE EXPRESSIONS ARE NOT BLOCKED' warnings, but the dialog boxes allow me to open the database anyway, and I can then work as normal.

I opened a particular .mdb (called COLLECTIONS.mdb) and got the usual warnings, but in a moment of madness, thinking I might be able to suppress the warnings, I did completely the wrong thing and went into Tools>Security>Workgroup Administrator and ended up creating a new workgroup (accesswork). I then tried again to open the particular database and received the news that:
'You do not have the necessary permissions to use the COLLECTIONS.mdb object. Have your system administrator or the person who created the object establish the appropriate permissions for you.'

Well, I was the creator, and I think I am also system administrator, since I am the only person using this PC!
But I cannot find a way of giving myself permissions to open COLLECTIONS.mdb
The other .mdb files I have all open ok (after the usual 'Unsafe expressions.. ' warnings).

If I open Access and then go into Tools>Security, I cannot assign any permissions since the 'Users and Group Permissions' option is grayed out (probably because there is no .mdb file open!).

How can I give myself permission to open COLLECTIONS.mdb ??

Ask a Question