Access 2003 format database with security invocation

E

Eugene G

Afternoon eggheads,

I've got a problem that I'm hoping someone here understands what is happening.

I recently started a project using Access 2007 to prepare a database that will be used by my colleagues to upload their clients details. I had already prepared the whole database in the Access 2007 format (.accdb), and then published it as an Access 2003 format (.mdb) so that I could utilise the user-level security feature.

I intended to use 3 of the provided settings; "Full Permission", "Full Data Users" and "Read-Only Users". I had set up the appropriate account details (username, password and group association for each account), and all things had seemed successful.

Upon running the newly saved secured database, I had no issues with gaining access to the "Full Permissions" account and the "Full Data Users" account. But when I accessed the "Read-Only Users" account, I found out that when I opened any form, nothing was displayed, a completely blank page. This doesn't occur with the reports or the table that I have. Any ideas on what could be wrong?

If it would help for me to upload the database for you to view, I can do so.

Thanks a lot guys!

EggHeadCafe - .NET Developer Portal of Choice
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/default.aspx?ref=ng

B

Brendan Reynolds

Upon running the newly saved secured database, I had no issues with
gaining access to the "Full Permissions" account and the "Full Data Users"
account. But when I accessed the "Read-Only Users" account, I found out
that when I opened any form, nothing was displayed, a completely blank
page. This doesn't occur with the reports or the table that I have. Any
ideas on what could be wrong?

That's what happens when the form's record source returns no records, and
the user does not have permission to add new records.

Ask a Question