Access 2000 Installed with Office 2007 -- will it work?

JHB

Hi:

I have a client who is running Office 2007 (without Access), and we
are considering installing Access 2000 (from an Office 2000 disc). My
simple question is whether this will create any problems. My concern
is whether one can install JUST access from the Office 2000 disc,
without all the other components of Office (Excell, Word, Powerpoint)
and the hidden elements of office. I know you can install Office 2000
and upgrade to 2007 with few problems, but we don't want to uninstall
Office 2007 ( which would be necessary) because of the limited number
of installs allowed and the exceptional hassle of reinstalling it
using the same license.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards

John Baker

Douglas J Steele

It shouldn't cause any problems.

Yes, you can install just Access. Afraid it's been years since I've done an
Office 2000 installation, so I don't remember the exact procedure, but
essentially you can't just do a normal installation: you have to go into the
option that shows you all of the components that will be installed, and
unselect everything except Access.

"JHB"  wrote in message

Hi:

I have  a client who is running Office 2007 (without Access), and we
are considering installing Access 2000 (from an Office 2000 disc). My
simple question is whether this will create any problems. My concern
is whether one can install JUST access from the Office 2000 disc,
without all the other components of Office (Excell, Word, Powerpoint)
and the hidden elements of office. I know you can install Office 2000
and upgrade to 2007 with few problems, but we don't want to uninstall
Office 2007 ( which would be necessary) because of the limited number
of installs allowed and the exceptional hassle of reinstalling it
using the same license.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards

John Baker

Thanks..we are going to try it and see what happens. I just hope it
does not somehow mess up the Office 2007 Installation!! Fingers
Crossed!

John Baker

JHB

Thanks..we are going to try it and see what happens. I just hope it
does not somehow mess up the Office 2007 Installation!!  Fingers
Crossed!

John Baker

For those who care, we have made the installation and so far have had
no problems with either office 2007 or access 2000!

John Baker