A7N8X processor detection

Jonathan M Meadows

HI

I have an a7n8x mobo, revision 1.04, with an xp2400 processor. Just updated
bios to version 1007 and processor is now reported as Athlon 1800+, can't
see any way to change this. Anybody got any ideas?

Thanks

Jonathan

S.Heenan

"Jonathan M Meadows" wrote in message
HI

I have an a7n8x mobo, revision 1.04, with an xp2400 processor. Just
updated
bios to version 1007 and processor is now reported as Athlon 1800+, can't
see any way to change this. Anybody got any ideas?

Change the FSB to 166MHz. Using the native multiplier of 12x, you should see
~2000MHz. It's probably at 1600MHz.