Windows Vista A wee challenge for you all ... Spellchecking

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Can anybody find me a Spellchecker that actually works with Vista & IE7

I ain't the best at spelling, but I hate misspelling when replying to posts ... the amount of times I edit my posts is getting tiresome. :D

Sorry Ian, the forum version has never worked for me.

I have used a few ... Google has one that works, and is in English UK ... however, I may not be using Google for much longer as their acquisition of doubleclick has put me off, not to mention GoogleToolBarNotifier ... :rolleyes:

Mission impossible, surly not, damned if I can find one though. :blush:

:user:

muckshifter

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
www.iespell.com works great for me in Vista :)
It err, works ??

... all I get is error messages, cannot write to this or that or there in that. I got so fed up with all he error popups I uninstalled it.

It hasn't been updated for over a year, and does not know about Vista ... shame, it was good.

:(

muckshifter

Reaction score
... ieSpell is free for personal use and integrates with Microsoft Office's proofing tools, including bi-directional use of your existing custom dictionary. It doesn't actually require Office to work, though, and uses both UK and US dictionaries.
ah, now then ... I don't have Office installed.

I wonder, he says it don't need Office, but he may be wrong ... hmmm, now, do I install Office 97 or 2007 ??

:user:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this helps Mucks, but I installed ieSpell, a couple of years ago, but have not got Office installed either - ieSpell works okay without it on here :thumb:

muckshifter

Reaction score
Hmmm, another Vista conundrum ... bugger. :wall:

Time for bed me thinks ... :wave:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
When you get your spellchecker Mucks, you may want to use it on your dcstat sig ;)

muckshifter

Reaction score
Adywebb said:
When you get your spellchecker Mucks, you may want to use it on your dcstat sig ;)
:rolleyes:

More important is ... why I only been credited with 1 result and my user-name is invalid ??

:confused:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thats strange Mucks, it works ok here (I do have Office 2007 trial installed at the moment though). Perhaps try installing that and see if it works, its a free download from MS.

muckshifter

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
Thats strange Mucks, it works ok here (I do have Office 2007 trial installed at the moment though). Perhaps try installing that and see if it works, its a free download from MS.
Oh, I don't need to download, I have the CD ... ;)

I have had other feedback, people saying the same thing ... it works ... not found anybody havin trouble, just me. :rolleyes:

Ask a Question