A Virgin wanna be gamer would like advice

Reaction score
:bow:Well I have a new entry level games PC what do people suggest would be suitable game for a geriatric novice to start gaming with?

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
You just know that I'm going to say Guild Wars 2, don't you...? :D

But having said that - another suggestion would be to get a Steam account. They offer a lot of games which are free to play. Not a bad way to experiment and find something that you'll really enjoy.

Reaction score
I enjoyed Farcry 3, still playing it two years later on Xbox

Loads of sub missions.

If you don't mind language its very enjoyable

Oh at the moment I have Elder scrolls V Skyrim, Tombraider (new one) Borderlands 2 installed.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah I liked FarCry 3 too :).

As TC suggested, a Steam account is a good bet as there are loads of cheap game deals and free ones to play/try. Here's a link to the download: http://store.steampowered.com/

You can sort by free to play, genre, etc... and then order by rank. Once you've picked a few that you like the sound of, let us know and we may be able to recommend which ones are good :).

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
What they said, Steam account, browse games. Enjoy.

Its the Xmas sale soon so you will get a few bargains. ;)

Oh and BF4. :D

Reaction score
:thumb::thumb:Thanks all I will be looking into getting a steam account ASAP, once again thanks for the advice:bow:.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
That said..... your track record with PC's..... Have you considered a console?!

Reaction score
Heading for sleepness nights and dreaming about the games you play

What if's and could have played better nightmares

The classic for me was Ghost recon...

Always had dreams about playing wondering what would happen if I took a different approach

Crazy

Reaction score
That's good news! What are you playing at the moment?

I have started with a shoot-em up game called Open Arena a free one as still learning about Linux, but we are getting there, and actually enjoying the Linux experience, more so than when I started with XP all those years ago:thumb::lol::D

Last edited:
Reaction score
And they say miracles don't happen.

I am finding this Linux thing more satisfying than I ever did with Windows and obviously more challenging but that is half the fun you can play with it and it does not break not like Windows. It is quicker to install if you break it providing you have backed up and there is plenty of help out there on the net. Also you do not have to pay to get licences for software like Office and all the other software you need like you do with Microsoft offerings. Yep a very happy bunny.:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Ask a Question