A new arrival from Nvidia

Reaction score
King of the hill apparently. The GTX 1080

"The GTX 1080 is the "largest GPU endeavor, largest chip endeavor, largest processor endeavor, in the history of humanity," said NVIDIA CEO Jen-Hsun Huang. He added that the R&D budget for the new card was "several billion dollars" over the span of more than two years. "I'm pretty sure you can go to Mars [for that]," he said."

https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2016/05/06/geforce-gtx-1080/#prclt-xa1ouYuc

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I was e-mailed about that, it's using the Pascal architecture, apparently.

Having just splashed out on a GTX970 then seen the price fall more or less overnight, I think it will be a while before I buy one of those.

I wonder what the start price will be? £400? £500?

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I wonder what the start price will be? £400? £500?

Not a bad guess!

Huang, however, wasn’t done. Waiting until the end of his presentation, he also announced that we’re launching the NVIDIA GTX 1070 as well, with the “Founders Edition,” available June 10 for $449, and custom boards from partners expected to start at $379.

The NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 “Founders Edition” shown tonight will be available on May 27 for $699. It will be available from NVIDIA, ASUS, Colorful, EVGA, Gainward, Galaxy, Gigabyte, Innovision 3D, MSI, Palit, PNY and Zotac. Custom boards from partners will vary by region and pricing is expected to start at $599.

Reaction score
Just to continue the thread a little.

This is the new DOOM running on the 1080.

This looks bloody incredible

Ask a Question